Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to ENERCON for new articles and information.
ENERCON can perform due diligence to support your transactions and mitigate your risk. Our staff is thoroughly familiar with environmental policies and procedures having worked on projects across the United States. Our team of experts prepares numerous Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) and Phase IIs for our commercial, manufacturing and industrial clients. Phase I ESAs have ranged from undeveloped rural land to active rail and steel facilities. ENERCON supports due diligence activities for renewable energy projects, with large acreage assessments of over 20,000 acres in one transaction.
Our Phase II ESAs have ranged from simple, limited assessments of private heating oil tanks to complex assessments involving subsurface soil and groundwater investigations in the heart of superfund sites. Our competitive rates allow for us to assign highly qualified environmental assessors and technical reviewers to each project, thus ensuring each assessment is professionally conducted and delivered to our clients.
Our due diligence projects span one building transactions to managing transaction portfolios for national clients, mergers and acquisitions for industrial clients including oil & gas producers, and due diligence risk evaluation for commercial lenders in support of pre-lending activities.
Property Due Diligence
- ASTM Standard E1527-13 Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- ENERCON has extensive experience conducting All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) for real estate entities and lending institutions. ENERCON prepares AAI Phase I ESAs in accordance with ASTM Standard E1527-13, USEPA AAI Final Rule 40 CFR Part 312 and SBA Guidance.
- We offer a full-range of follow-on services should additional assessment be recommended or requested. Our experience and capability allow us to provide additional environmental services including Phase II investigations, risk-based corrective action and remediation.
- ASTM Standard E2018-15 Property Condition Assessments
- A Property Condition Assessment (PCA) is frequently conducted to assess the physical condition of buildings and structures. The assessment identifies the current condition of the property, any immediate or short-term repairs that are needed, code violations, and items that should be included in the long-term, typically 10-12 year projections, capital replacement reserve. ENERCON has extensive experience conducting PCAs for real estate entities and lending institutions.
- ENERCON's PCAs are prepared in accordance with ASTM E2018-15,Standard & Poor's guidelines, or client specific guidelines for all building types.
- ASTM Standard E2247-08 Phase I Environmental Site Assessments for Forestland or Rural Property – large acreage tracts for wind farms and solar farms
- ENERCON has extensive experience conducting All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) for real estate and lending institutions. ENERCON prepares AAI Phase I ESAs in accordance with ASTM Standard E2247-08. This standard is frequently used for large acreage tracts for pre-leasing assessments for solar farms and wind farms, and for acquisitions of ranch land. ENERCON has assessed properties ranging from 1,200 acres to 22,000 acres using this standard.
- U. S. Small Business Administration Environmental Site Assessments
- The U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loans may require the use of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) 50 10 5(J), Lender and Development Company Loan Programs. This update to the SOP provides additional guidance and incorporates revisions to conform to changes in SBA regulations published in the Final Rule entitled “Miscellaneous Amendments to Business Loan Programs and Surety Bond Guarantee Program” (“Final Rule,” 82 FR 39491, August 21, 2017, effective date January 1, 2018).
- Depending on the NAICS code identifying environmentally sensitive industries and the lender’s requirements, SBA loans may require ASTM Standard E1527-13 Phase I ESAs, ASTM Transaction Screens, or a Records Search with Risk Assessment (RSRA). ENERCON has extensive experience with all of these types of assessments. SBA reliance letters and insurance certificates are provided, as required by the SBA SOP.
- ASTM Standard E2600-10 Vapor Enchroachment Evaluations
- ASTM Standard Phase II Investigations
- Vapor Intrusion Assessments
- Seismic Risk Assessment (Probably Maximum Loss)
- Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac Compliant Phase I and PCA
- HUD Part 58 Environmental Reviews
Real Estate Risk Management
- Lead-Based Paint
- O&M Plans
- Indoor Air Quality
- For our full list of services see Industrial Hygiene