Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to ENERCON for new articles and information.
ENERCON uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to display, analyze, and manage environmental and engineering data. Using geospatial data from both public and private sources, our GIS Analysts are able to turn large, complex datasets and analyses into easy to understand and accessible information. Our goal is to provide our clients with comprehensive, turnkey GIS solutions. To do this, ENERCON has developed a system that includes easy-to-use field data collection options that migrate data seamlessly into either a GIS system or web-based portal. From here, our GIS Analysts can develop a host of dashboards or tools that help our clients manage their projects.
In addition to our GIS Services, ENERCON’s Geographers have expertise in facility and corridor site selection, alternatives analyses, complex spatial modeling, socioeconomic and demographic studies, and environmental justice analyses. Our staff is knowledgeable and experienced with local, state and federal regulations and methodologies used throughout the energy industry. Our staff also work with agency and industry leaders to develop guidance to assist potential applicants in developing their demographic and socioeconomic analyses. One example of this is ANSI/ANS-2.6-2018, Guidelines for Estimating Present & Projecting Future Population Distributions Surrounding Nuclear Facility Sites. This American National Standard provides guidance in calculating the permanent and transient population estimates and densities surrounding proposed nuclear facilities during site selections based on the appropriate consideration of human health and safety.
Our expertise includes:
- GIS Mapping and Data Digitization
- GIS Platform Development and System Integration
- Web-Based Platform for Real-Time Field Data Reporting and Mapping
- Desk-Top Reviews and Issue Identification
- Precision GIS Data Collection and Quality Control
Potential application includes:
- Demographic Analysis and Socioeconomic Studies
- Population Projection Modeling
- Environmental Justice Analysis
- Site Selection and Corridor Optimization Studies
- Land-Use Studies
- Aesthetics and View-Shed Analysis
- Wind Farm Shadow-Flicker Studies
- Reflectivity and Shimmer Studies
- Risk of Upset and Pipeline Safety Studies