Last Revised 8/20/2020
Table of Contents
- Collection of Your Personal Information
- Usage of Identifiable Information
- Retention of Your Information
- Data Privacy Rights
- California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
- Third Party Services
- Our Tracking Tools
Collection of Your Personal Information
While ENERCON tracks information about the technology you are using, we do not identify who you are. You will remain anonymous to our system unless you choose to tell us who you are. For example, when you submit a question via our contact submission form or register for a job application and/or submit your resume for consideration of employment, this information is kept confidential and only disclosed to those individuals who are within ENERCON and who may be able to help answer your question or consider you for employment within the company. We do not disclose your personal information to other companies who intend to sell their products or services to you. For example, we will not sell your name or email address to a direct-marketing company.
Identifiable Information you give ENERCON – This is information about you that you give ENERCON by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with ENERCON by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give ENERCON may include your name, address, e-mail address, password, phone number, Company Name, Job Title/Function, location and details of any comments or feedback you provide to ENERCON.
Identifiable Information ENERCON collects about you – With regard to each of your visits to the Website, ENERCON may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet, MAC addresses, traffic data, location data, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and cookies, which will be collected in accordance with ENERCON’s Cookies/Tracking Tools Policy;
- details of your visits to the Website and your preferences and habits when using the Website;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), your conduct via the Website and any other site activity, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call ENERCON.
Usage of Identifiable Information
Identifiable Information you give ENERCON may be used:
- to deal with your enquires and requests;
- to establish and maintain your registration information;
- to provide you with customer support; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing to you and others, and to deliver relevant marketing communications about ENERCON services and offerings to you where permitted.
Retention of Your Information
ENERCON will retain your Identifiable Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss or misuse of, or unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
Under certain circumstances, you may have some or all of the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
This statement applies solely to individuals using or visiting this Website who are residents of the State of California (“California residents”).
Your CCPA Rights
- Right to Request Deletion. You have a right to request that ENERCON delete your personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Request Information. You have a right to request that ENERCON disclose the following to you as it relates to the 12-month period preceding its receipt of your request: (i) the categories and specific pieces of personal information ENERCON has collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and (iv) the categories of third parties with whom ENERCON has shared your personal information.
- Right to Request Information as to Sale or Disclosure for Business Purpose. ENERCON does not sell your personal information or disclose your personal information for a business purpose.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. ENERCON will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to email@example.com. You must describe your request with enough detail so we can understand and respond to it. A verifiable consumer request is one made by an individual who is: (i) the consumer who is the subject of the request; (ii) a consumer on behalf of the consumer’s minor child, or (iii) by a natural person or person registered with the Secretary of State authorized to act on behalf of a consumer. We may request that you provide us with information to verify your identity and/or authority to act on behalf of a consumer. Personal information collected to determine whether your request is a verifiable consumer request will not be used for any other purpose. We will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt, unless we notify you that we need more time.
Third Party Services
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
ENERCON may change this Policy from time to time at ENERCON’s sole discretion. Accordingly, ENERCON encourages you to review this Policy periodically. ENERCON shall post an announcement on the Website of any changes to this Policy. The most current version of this Policy shall be linked on the home page of the Website.
OUR TRACKING TOOLS
Tracking Tools We Use
We collect personal and other information using digital tracking tools, such as cookies and web beacons, when you use our website or mobile applications, interact with our emails or applications provided on connected devices, or otherwise engage with our digital offerings.
The tools may collect information about your activities over time and on various digital services offered by us or others.
The tools that we, our vendors, and third parties use include:
- Browser and flash cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other connected device to identify your browser or settings. Your browser may provide the ability to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Flash cookies generally can be disabled only by accessing Adobe Flash settings (information available here)
- Server logs, which record information about the device, browser, operating system, network, and other resources you use to access our digital services
- Web beacons and pixels. These are small electronic images deployed on websites and emails that collect information about how users interact with content
- Application software. Software in our mobile and other connected-device applications collects information about how you interact with the digital services
We, our service providers, and third parties use the information collected via these tools to:
- Identify new visitors and users
- Recognize returning customers
- Learn how you came to access our digital services
- Keep you logged into our digital services
- Personalize your experience on our website, device applications, and third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications
- Identify your location as determined by the IP address of your devices
- Optimize and tailor our website and device applications
- Make product recommendations and provide you with information content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on our device applications, our website, or on other websites and applications. We may also get information about your browsing history and online activities from our trusted business partners and vendors
- Better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors and device application users, and their respective interests, including by learning about your online activities across devices
Controlling Our Tracking Tools
This section provides you with information about the options available to you to control our tracking tools. Some of our tracking tools share information with third parties in exchange for their support in enhancing your experiences with us, improving our ability to serve you, or keeping you aware of our products, services, and offers. Such disclosures may be considered sales under certain laws even though we do not sell your personal information to third parties for money. The options below will help you opt-out of such sales.
Disable browser cookies: Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies, some of which may enable third parties to collect data about your use of our website. You can adjust your browser settings to block all cookies. Certain browsers also allow you to limit the blocking of cookies to specific websites. Instructions for blocking cookies on commonly used browsers can be found at the links below. You will need to adjust the settings on each browser and on each device for which you wish to block cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may limit the functionality of our website.
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Chrome: Instructions for blocking cookies from a specific website
- Firefox: Instructions for blocking cookies from a specific website
Disable Flash cookies: Third parties may collect data about your usage of our website via Flash cookies. To disable Flash cookies, follow these instructions. This setting will need to be adjusted on each device for which you wish to block Flash cookies.
We may update this section from time to time with information about new tools that may be available to you to register your preferences.
Your Choices Regarding Location Information
If you use our mobile website, mobile applications, or other smart device applications we may collect location data obtained from your device. If you use our website, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address. For many devices, you can disable our collection of location information in the settings menu of your device or via device portals.
Our “Do Not Track” policy: Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell website that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform. So, we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Information for Applicants
This section describes how we collect and share information in connection with your application for employment. The above sections of this Privacy and Security Statement do not apply to our processing of applicant information.
We collect the following categories of personal information in association with your application for employment with us:
Identifiers: such as your name, email address, phone numbers, username, online identifier, device identifier, IP address, social media handle, physical address, and government-issued identifiers.
Demographics: such as your date and place of birth; age; gender; nationality; native language; family and marital status; veteran status; details of family members and dependents (name, date of birth, relationship to applicant or candidate); and emergency contact name, address and telephone number.
Information regarding eligibility to work: such as passport or visa information.
Financial information: certain financial or banking information.
Work history: such as position/title; location; work address; start and end-dates of employment; contact information for former employer(s) or other persons or entities for which work was performed; business unit; function; organizational unit; dates and reasons for hire, promotion, transfer, status change and termination; employment status (full-time or part-time); employment type; job performance and related evaluative information; information relating to awards, certifications, and professional associations and volunteer activities; language proficiency; skills.
Education information: such as education level, training, development, professional degrees, and certificates.
Inferences and other characteristics: such as any observations we may make based on your application or interview, and information provided by your references. We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Processing your application
- Evaluating your qualifications
- Administering and managing our recruitment processes
- Managing payroll and compensation
- Developing financial and employment metrics
- Budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Monitoring and complying with legal requirements
- Responding to internal or external audits and inquiries, law enforcement requests, or requests from administrative or judicial authorities
- Monitoring and promoting compliance with our policies and procedures
If you provide us with personal information about members of your family and/or other dependents (e.g., for emergency contact), it is your responsibility to provide them with the information contained in this section.