ENERCON completed the detailed design engineering for a solar PV project for the world’s largest producer of wind and solar energy. The project encompasses approximately 600 acres and will supply enough energy for up to 30,000 homes. Engineering services included instrumentation & controls, civil, structural, and electrical designs for construction of the 150 MWdc/100MWac single-axis tracker photovoltaic (PV) facility. ENERCON’s team provided engineering analysis and studies including harmonics, load flow & reactive power, short circuit, energy loss, and grounding. The team also supported the use permit stormwater pollution prevention plan application, site evaluation committee permit application, and assisted the client with presenting the project to the local township. ENERCON’s designs were finalized with local township input and used to obtain use and building permits, material and construction bids, and finally to construct and document final conditions.
ENERCON deliverables included:
- 30%/60%/90%/Final Civil and Electrical drawings (including one round of consolidated comments on each draft plan set), each in high-resolution, flattened .pdf and .dwg formats;
- Site wide Grounding Study;
- Energy Loss Study;
- Pre-Energization Harmonics Study;
- Load Flow and Reactive Power Study;
- System Short Circuit Study;
- Protective Device DC Coordination Study;
- Structural support letter;
- SWPPP; and
- Red-lined incorporations.
The project commercial operation date is scheduled for February 2024.